My finished music video:

My front digipak panel:

My front digipak panel:
Right-click the image and open it in a new tab for a bigger version.

My inside digipak panels:

My inside digipak panels:
Right-click the image and open it in a new tab for a bigger version.

My back digipak panel (with album spine:)

My back digipak panel (with album spine:)
Right-click the image and open it in a new tab for a bigger version.

Click the image below to open my website in a new tab:

Sunday 5 March 2017

Construction Post 28: My personal contribution to the edit sessions

During post-production I took active roles in editing, making suggestions while others were editing, and creating and exporting titles.
A photo of me using the edit suite. While on the edit suite, I ensured that clips were the right length and that they matched the previous and following clips, I graded clips, I adjusted the level of different pieces of audio, I moved titles around, and more. Click to enlarge.
I used the editing suite for all the standard stuff, like cutting and adding titles and working with music and audio and so on, just like the other group members. However, some notable things I personally did were suggesting and then implementing shot re-framing using Premiere in order to avoid having to re-shoot any shots, and colour correcting after we laid out the base grading, amongst other things.

I also did titling on the Macbook, which was separate from the main editing suite but still an integral part of the editing process, as the titles were only able to be created in Livetype on the Macbook, and were then exported to the editing suite.
An image of me using Livetype on a Macbook to export a title, after finishing creating it, to the shown USB, so that it could be transferred to the main edit suite and then used in the video. Click to enlarge.
I had a personal hand in the development of the titles, taking part in discussions over font and suggesting the one we ended up using, as well as other discussions about different aspects of the design. I also personally created and exported a couple of titles, such as "edited by mary pan," according to the then-finalised specification.

Just like during the shoot session, I did a lot of necessary work alongside my teammates, even though my role hasn't really changed over all the editing we have done during this project- we have stuck to the system of trying to equally split work, and it seems to be going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment